Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hume Lake

We went to hume to visit my family after sacramento. There was lots of snow so Aubrie got to go in the snow for the first time! Jeff took her on a very short sled ride, but it was pretty anticlimactic..we were super excited and really pumped it up to her...but she didn't seem to care-she just kind of went into this stare that didn't even notice what was going on. oh-well :)
Aubrie isn't sitting up on her own yet, but the snow was very helpful for that cause we could just plop her down in it and it would hold her up. She wasn't too sure about that either but I still took a ton of pictures of her sitting there as if it was some huge magnificent event or something

Jeff & I got to play in the snow too! We took the quad out on the road behind the dining hall where it doesn't get plowed and towed a sled behind it..so fun! And Jeff got a snow-skate (its like a the top of a skateboard or a mini snowboard with out bindings for your feet), anyways, we towed ourselves behind the quad with the snowskate and it was so fun! it was kinda like waterskiing..Jeff was MUCH MUCH better than me..but it was still really fun -though quite a workout for your thighs. and we also got to see nate and becky hansen with thier little girl leah..she is a really beautiful baby. she was born a month early, 5 days before aubrie was born. I'm sad I didn't get a picture of the girls..they were cute together trying to hold hands (really i think they were just trying to pull eachothers hands into thier mouths to chomp on, but it still would have made a cute picture) Leah has really long beautiful eyelashes and is much more petite than Our 15 pounder :)

Aubrie Loved going for walks in the stroller. She learned that since its a pretty bumpy ride on the roads in the snow that when she makes noises it makes her voice sound funny -- and now she'll do it anytime you bounce her.

1 comment:

Jen said...

There is SO much snow up at Hume! How fun...I'm jealous! I still think we should talk about going up there!