Saturday, October 11, 2008

she's a thrasher!

Jeff and I went in Aubrie's room the other morning and to our surprise she was faced the entire opposite direction in the crib!
Aubrie has been sleeping in her crib now for the past 2 weeks (which is Wonderful, I sleep so much better..not great, but better). It was definitely time since she was fitting almost head to toe in her bassinet. But now with all the room to move about we have discovered she moves a TON in her sleep.
So how does a baby who is unable to even roll over yet completely turn herself around to face the opposite direction??...Thrashing! we will watch her at night and in her sleep she kicks her legs up over and over and spins circles in the crib! Unfortunately the circling around really rubs her head on the mattress and she has Zero hair on the back of her head now :)

so my question is this: Is it better to keep the crib bumper up so she wont bump her head on the rails? or is it better to take it down so if she spins over that direction her face isn't pushed up against it? Any Suggestions??

and these don't have anything to do with the thrashing, but heres a couple pictures of her just cause I think they're cute!


5 comments:

Josh, Emily, and Kids said...

the jury's still out on the bumper question....at least from what I've heard opinions are split 50/50. I say leave in on until they start playing with it too much....em

Jen said...

Those pictures are so cute! Ella is a mover like that too...all over in her crib even at that age! I left and still have the bumper on...I figure I'll take it off when she starts to stand and would maybe use it to stand on and possibly fall out!

don and suzanne said...

The pictures are so cute! It's been a whole 7 days since I've seen her! How am I ever gonna go another week?

Kelly said...

I think I'm with leaving it in also. If she really smashes her face against it (so she would have trouble breathing), it seems that she could thrash her way back just fine. I just recently took Cam's bumper out. I left it in longer than I probably needed b/c it just looks cuter. :)

Kelly said...

p.s. Sometimes Chris and I wish we had broken down and spent the $ on a video monitor. There have been SOOO many times we have wanted to peek in just and see what he is doing in there but don't want to wake him up.