Monday, September 8, 2008

Spontaneous Getaway

Aubrie went on her first family spontaneous getaway yesterday!
This is how it happened: we were sitting on the couch after church and said how nice it would be to go to a hotel by the beach and sit in the spa..so we got on priceline just for fun and picked out the 4 star hotel rating for 70 dollars expecting that there was No way we would get anything and wa-la! it said that we had a room at the marriot resort and spa in newport! so we packed up the car went down there! When we got there the girl that checked us in gave us an upgrade to an oceanview room on the 15th floor with vip privledges! (how did we get so lucky?) It was an Amazing stay! We had access to this concierge room that had incredible hours'devours in the afternoon and dessert in the evening, breakfast in the morning and snacks later in the day. wow..and a fridge stocked with sodas, water and juice to take as many as we like! And lucky for us, Aubrie slept in her stroller in the evening so we could sit and relax in the spa and in the morning while she slept I even got to lay out at the most incredible pool in Perfect weather for a few minutes! Thanks priceline for such a great deal!

3 comments:

Josh, Emily, and Kids said...

Nice work guys! I love the pictures and can't wait to meet aubrie.

Kelly said...

Holy cow! I can't believe that was all just $70. Chris and I have often said that we should have done things like that more often when Cam was a newborn and would sleep so much!

nat said...

what a great idea!! How are you guys? Your little girl is so precious...congratulations. It's funny because I have been trying for months now to figure out how to reconnect with you and then all of a sudden I got an email from Jen and then all of a sudden I saw you and Kelly and Emilie's blogs...so much fun to see what you guys are all up to!! my email is natalie.bradley@gmail.com. Luke and I may be taking a road trip down to San Diego in the next month let's try to all get together!!