Friday, February 13, 2009

25 Random Facts about me

On facebook there is this thing going around where people tag you to write 25 random facts about yourself. I don't have a facebook. so how do i know this? I am a secret facebook addict on Jeffs account. Why don't i just get my own? I really don't know, but for now i just don't want one. I know that doesn't make much sense, but thats just the way it is. anyways, I have found it very interesting to read what all Jeffs facebook friends have written about themselves and last night in bed I couldn't sleep (that was after aubrie woke us up from 11:30-12:30am in hysterical screams(poor baby) that we could only stop with a bath..probably why i couldn't sleep-from the trauma of the hysterical screaming..anyways, I laid in bed wondering if I could even think of 25 things about myself and here is what I came up with. Since I don't have facebook and I'm not going to let all my thoughts go to waste, I'm posting it on here :)

1. I hate talking on the phone. It makes me uncomfortable. I never wanted to own a cell phone and thought people were crazy for having them when it started becoming popular and now I feel naked if I go somewhere without it.

2. I would love to run a marathon one day. I wish I could say on here that I've already run one. I think it would be a great accomplishment.

3. I hate to swim ..or put my face underwater…funny since my sister is an incredible swimmer. ..or it just makes since because we are so opposite from each other

4. The most perfect place on earth is on Waikiki beach on an inflatable mattress laying in the calm warm crystal clear water.

5. I love to organize things, but am an unorganized person. Hmm…

6. I truly believe I have the best husband on earth. I know other women may think the world of their husband, but I just am certain I have the most amazing, incredible husband that could ever be. He is my bestest friend and I fall more in love with him everyday and admire him more than I ever knew was possible.

7. I have an obsession with picking.

8. I passed out when every one of my teeth fell out. ..or anyone elses…or when I visit someone in a hospital, or if I see too much blood or even just for the heck of it really.

9. I do this really wierd thing with my fingers, especially my pinky that i can't really describe, and also i knock myself in the leg every so often --sometimes very often..i have no idea why I do it or that I'm even doing it but its like this weird compulsion i have and i think i would go absolutely crazy if you tried to stop me from doing it. and also if you touch me, Ill probably have to 'wipe' it off. not because i don't like you or i think you're dirty, i just have to do it.
There is something else that absolulty drives me CRAZY but I'm not putting it on here because then I'm afraid people will do it in front of me and i might accidentally slap thier hand in an automatic response without thinking..jeff has promised me on our marriage he will never tell our children what it is..i fear the day if they ever find out because i just know they will do it over and over to drive me to the looney bin.

10. I could eat an entire tub of ice cream every night…I think sometimes I almost do..its one of the benefits of being a grown up and not having parents restrict you from doing things like that

11. I love sitting on the beach –but actually being IN the ocean Freaks me out..snorkling is absolutely Terrifying to me..you cant run and there are live things all around you Ahhh!

12. I feel extremely blessed to have the parents I do. They are the kind of people that I believe God will one day say “well done my good and faithful servant.” They are my role models and I want to be just like them.

13. If I could choose anywhere in the world to live and all the details would be worked out and we could be transported there tommorow..I would live in Africa forever

14. I love love love being a mom…and those extra rewarding times when aubrie is super happy and playful…(or anytime she just smiles at me, or is innocently sleeping, or just about all the time really) I feel like my heart is going to Explode because I love her sooooooooooooooo much

15. If I were extremely wealthy I would go to a spa once a week. I decided that yesterday when jeff sent me to the spa – while I was laying there getting a sugar scrub under some amazing thing called a vichy I just kept thanking Jesus that He put me there.

16. My favorite age group is jr. high. I can’t understand why people have such a negative view of them. I love to be around them and think it’s the perfect age to work with. They are so much fun.

17. I Love where I am now in life, but I think that my college years and summers at meadow ranch I made some of the best memories of my life.

18. One of my biggest regrets is that when I went to Italy I didn’t go in the coliseum. I was feeling too cheap to pay the few dollars it cost to go in so I just stood on the outside and looked at it. WHAT?! I was In Rome and I felt too cheap to pay a couple dollars that day?! What the Heck was I thinking?!

19. I love to bake. Probably because I love to eat it.

20. I’m a chocolate snob. I love good chocolate. Cheap chocolate and candy bars are a waste of fat to put in your mouth.

21. It is a dream of mine to stay in one of those bungalows over the water in Tahiti.

22. For some reason, people assume because I’m married to a worship leader I play an instrument and sing. I love to sing, but have a TERRIBLE voice. One of the things I look forward to in heaven is having a beautiful singing voice to praise my Savior with.
Another thing I look forward to in heaven is a new -Pain Free- body! I can’t even imagine what it feels like to not have pain in my neck and back.

23. When I was 19 I had titanium rods put in my back. I stopped breathing (after the surgery, not during) and they called a code blue thing on me. I’ve always thought those people who say they see a tunnel is a big joke but I vividly remember being in this weird state of complete blackness feeling like I was somewhere else and then waking up to my friend Emily praying for me with doctors all around and my mom crying.

24. I don’t shower more often than I do. (poor jeff) (although with so much of my hair falling out recently and getting much much thinner my hair gets greasy faster and I am forced to take showers more frequently than I would like ☺ )

25. I have been extremely blessed throughout my life with AMAZING girl friends. I just wish I were still as close to them…its really my fault, I am terrible at keeping in touch. Probably because I don’t like talking on the phone.

26. You know those blue waterproof sheets at the dr’s office they lay on the scale before you weigh your baby?? I take a stack of those Every Single Time we go to the doctor. Jeff is worried they are going to start connecting that they disappear every time we have a visit..but do you know just how much nasty laundry it has saved me to always have one on aubrie's changing table?

27. I used to really enjoy rollercoasters and scary movies. Now even a slightly intense tv show gives me nightmares and rollercoasters make me feel like I’m going to black out or throw up.

I know that is 2 more than 25 but so what..i'm already pretty lame for copying a facebook trend and posting it on my blog..so, who cares if i added a couple more :)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

*I think I’ve seen the pinky thing, but not sure about knocking yourself in the leg. Quite interesting.
*Now I’m dying to know what drives you so crazy. I wonder if I know but just can’t think back to what it is??? Hmmm….
*Neglected to say what your ice cream of choice would be when you do eat a whole tub.
*Can’t be with you on the love of Jr. Highers.

Jen said...

I LOVE this list! It makes me laugh! I don't think I ever knew you hated talking on the phone! Makes sense but I didn't know you didn't like it! Great list!

Unknown said...

OK, so I did not know you would like to run a marathon, since we couldn't get you to run in the Hume triatholon with Kellie and Dad.

I think you are much more organized than you think.

...and the whole shower thing... I do not understand since I take 2 showers a day.