Saturday, December 5, 2009

obsessions and other favorites

Aubrie has quite the personality these days.
There are a few things she particularly likes a LOT lately. Actually, like is not a strong enough word, it would probably be more accurately described as OBSESSED. and thats okay with me, she is so fun to watch!

Her biggest Obsession is Cinderella. All it took was a hand-me-down Disney princess book we read to her a couple times and all of a sudden Cinderella became her Hero. Aubrie will fall asleep saying "rella, rella" and the first thing I'll hear in the monitor in the morning is "rella, rella". She carries her 'rella' book and DVD all over the house wanting us to read it or watch the movie. Now she is the very proud owner of cinderella pj's and Loves to wear them.
A few nights ago when she had on her 'rella' pjs, she wanted to wear her pink mittens because she thinks they are just like cinderella's gloves, and was also trying to put on some of my silver dress shoes saying 'rella, rella' so i put on the gloves and her own little dress shoes (which definitely don't look like cinderella but after telling her they were cinderellas she didn't know the difference). Aubrie So Proudly trotted around our house back and forth in our little room showing off her outfit feeling on top of the world!
daddy reading aubs cinderella with her gloves and shoes on before bed

Another recent obsession is Candles. Aubrie LOVES to smell candles. Any and Every candle she sees. and the best part..this is the face she makes at Every smell:


I've been juicing fruits and vegetables every morning with the hope of keeping our little family healthy. The minute the juicer comes out, Aubrie is right at my heels begging to help. It is not really an option to attempt the juicing process without my little helper. We've done it so much now that she just assumes it is her role to drop the veggies and fruit in and push it through.

..I'm also very thankful that Aubrie Loves the juice since its so good for her and literally gulps it down...always leaving her with a nice orange mustache :)

Aubrie Loves to be my little helper in Everything. Something she enjoys that is actually a little helpful is doing the laundry. I'll go sit in whatever room it is that i want the laundry brought to and she will carry out each item for me to fold. I discovered this is Much more helpful as it keeps her busy going back and forth so i can fold and put away each item instead of her tearing apart all the folded laundry when I used to take it all out myself and try to fold with her 'help'.


In Aubrie's opinion, being outside is always better than inside so we go outdoors a lot. Our walks can take quite a while if I don't take a stroller because there is always a cool stick or an interesting pile of dirt or rocks to stop and play with.
The only problem is that it is Freezing outside, especially in the morning..so we get pretty bundled up.

3 comments:

Rebecca.Alburn said...

Could little Aubrie be any cuter? Wow! Thank you for the sweet update and pictures. :)

Kelly said...

What a cute little helper. From now on, every time you see a juicer, you'll think of this phase of her life. :)

Janice said...

What a fun post!! Aubrie is so adorable!

I love Blogging....you know with blogging there's really no need for a "Baby Book" anymore! Of course, the fact that I never felt the need for a baby book is very evident in the 4 empty ones I have in a box somewhere around here! :)